1. … levelled a Hunter, Rogue, Warrior or Death Knight. I’ve got the occasional alt in those classes to about 5 (5 blocks in the case of the Death Knight) but that’s it. I’ve never even left the Death Knight starting area which means I’ve never gone through all that abuse you have to endure in Stormwind. The masochist in me weeps.
2. … levelled a Worgen or Goblin. I did try a Mage Worgen once but we didn’t get very far because the Worgen starting area caused me huge lags and in the end frustrated me too much. Plus I missed her pre- wolf form (I assume you get that back?) I’ve never even seen the Goblin starting area. That’s a completely unknown part of WoW to me. People say it’s very steampunk and I nod wisely and pretend to know what they mean.
3. …done Sunwell Plateau. I hear about it, I pretend to know about it, but I’ve never done it. For awhile I think I thought it was another name for Magister’s Terrace. See – I have not got a clue. It’s just all too blood elfy for me.
4. …done any of the Cataclysm areas all the way through apart from Mount Hyjal (& even that was only because I did half of it on one character and half on the other …that still counts though – yes?). I’ve only been to Vasjir once and did not like it- way too watery. I’ve never even got to the stage of Deepholm where you start getting friendly with Therazane – hence no shoulder enchants for me. It’s just so dark and hellish there – feels like I’m lost in the earth’s core without even the comfort of knowing I’m halfway to Australia. Not worth it.
5. …had more than 4500 gold on any one character (& frequently I have less on all of them combined). When I hear about people having insane amounts like 30K I just can’t get my head around it. Have I missed some setting you select that makes you earn 100 gold for every day you’re subscribed or something? It must be that. It must be. In which case I’m pleased to say Blizzard owes me thousands and I’m on my way to raise a service ticket.
6. …levelled any Horde character beyond the 60s. This means I’ve never done any Wrath or Cataclysm content with a Hordie. My only experience with them in these zones is dying at their hands (I’m on a PvP realm). I find them rather hostile.
7. …properly read any quest texts with any character since I left Duskwood with my first character Terema. Duskwood was amazing but that’s the only real storyline in which I’ve ever properly been immersed. Did I miss much?
8. …done anything in Silithus apart from about 5 quests. I always go to Outlands instead even though I am bored to tears with it. It’s the gear. It’s always the gear.
9. …levelled any rep to exalted unless I could do it with a tabard in a dungeon. I tried the Shatari Skyguard grind and even that was too much. The grind is not for me. They either love me for who I am or they can sod off – yes that is my fighting talk.
10. …understood the whole Teldrassil is a tree thing – it just doesn’t feel like I’m in a tree when I’m in Darnassus. Are they sure they’ve got it right?
Reading this list of what I’ve never done in WoW (& I’ve been playing since BC!) I have to ask myself – what in the hell have I been spending all my time in WoW actually doing? Answers on a postcard please. I have a timesheet to complete.